Long time, no post. With the exception of the Who I Am for August, I have been missing from the blog world! Don’t think it has been because I have forgotten all of you lovely folks! It’s just, well, life happened. We were able to squeeze in a family vacation before school started, I’ve been preserving garden harvest, the kids started school, etc……
Instead of telling you a step by step narrative of what my life has been, I wanted to try something fun, and well, easier 😉 Over the last month or so I have been reminded of a lot and learned some new things that I want to share, so here it goes….in no particular order…..
- Raccoons are smart little creatures. They like the taste of chicken, my chickens to be exact. I don’t like raccoons.
- Watching kids play with a broken 15 foot piece of clothes line, like it’s a jump rope, is funny.
- I miss my clothesline.
- You can sometimes find dependable people are ones you may least expect.
- My kids are awesome.
- Some people will let you down. Some people will let your kids down. I don’t want to be that person.
- Much wisdom can be gained while picking berries with someone 30 years your senior.
- Blackberries taste better when you pick them.
- Sending your kids off to school after summer break doesn’t get easier. Ever.
- Never leave for a family vacation without extra blankets, especially if 3 boys share one bed.
- The days spent canning are well spent, especially when your son explains how much better food tastes if it’s homegrown.
- Holding your tongue can be hard sometimes. Really hard. But it’s often the best thing to do.
- It’s hard not to judge those that judge you.
- My youngest son hates school in the morning, but thinks it’s “awesome” by afternoon. I wonder his feelings on mornings? 😉
- My husband does a lot of things to help me. A lot. I see it everyday, but I don’t always get the opportunity to thank him (I need to do better).
- My husband is amazing
- I like how my house looks when it’s decorated for Independence Day, that’s why it still is.
- My baby is five months old. FIVE MONTHS???? When did that happen??!!??
- Being patient, especially with those you love, results in a better outcome than the alternative.
- Your children notice how you treat others.
- Children possess more wisdom than most adults are willing to give them credit for; listen to them, you may learn something.
- Kindness is awesome, remembered, and often reciprocated.
- Don’t be disappointed in “unanswered” prayers. The Lord sees all, knows all, and although His answer to your prayer may be different from what you expected, it will be ok.
- Putting an end to procrastination is difficult.
- I have missed blogging. Way more than I realized until I sat down to write this post!
There you have it! I could go on, but 25 seems like a nice number. It’s funny, sometimes, how one little thing can remind you of something you’ve known all along to be true. It can open your eyes and remind you to be thankful, kind, understanding, etc.
Do you have any tidbits you’d like to share from your life experiences? Or stories that go along with what I’ve shared? I would love to hear them, just post a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim